Wednesday, 1 August 2012

Music, mosaics and madness




 These three days have been lov-ely!  I've been on an art course with my friend Ena. We've done mosaics, grafitti art and silk painting.  When we did mosaics, I did flowers and a square sun.  It is really interesting what you can do with a couple of tiles, glue and some very smelly paste!




Before that, at the weekend, dad and the other 2 went to Bath (INF=it's NOT fair!) and me and mum stayed behind and we went to the Oxford Olympic Brass Fanfare at Christchurch cathedral with Ena and her brother who plays the cornet like me.  It was very exciting.  See this link for details:
http://www.oxfordphil.com/node/640


The organ boomed and the trumpets shouted.  Christchurch cathedral is very beautiful, we were sitting in the choir stalls - they were so uncomfortable!  My favourite bit of music was from the composer (John Williams) who wrote the Star Wars music.  It made me think that trumpets could sound beautiful.  We ate massive burritos before.  I had chicken and blackbeans in mine.  Mexican food is my favourite food.

Wolfboy ( my little brother ) has been being especially annoying at the moment.  This morning I got into a load of trouble because he pulled my hair so I pulled his back. I don't think it's fair that Dad shouted at me and not Wolfboy, I mean, Wolfboy was the one that started it!

The Badger is also being normally annoying. When you enter her room she counts to 10 and if you aren't out by 10 she tickles you and hits you with a pillow.  The bad thing about The Badger is that ( I think!) she's soooooooooooooooooooooo bossy! She'll act like a grown-up if she has the chance.

Now for a different subject that's not about annoying siblings. One thing that makes me really happy is Cats.  They're so furry and friendly and they're nearly always there for you to swear about people on them. It happens to be that I've got a cat and two kittens. One's ginger and two of them are tabby, and they have such soft coats, especially baby Siddy who is a long - haired cat.

On Tuesday after Art-Class I went to Ena's house and we went swimming at the Strongie's pool. They have a beautiful blue pool surrounded by grapevines.  Me and Ena did diving and bombing and swimming.  We've already made up our own synchronised swimming routine. 

We watched the Olympic men's gymnasts getting a bronze medal on Tuesday night.  They nearly got silver but the Japanese team complained.  If I was in the Olympics, I would do cycling, the road race.  I like cycling. 

Right now, mum's just come home from work and we're discussing what we should do this evening.  I think we should go to Blenheim Palace and have a picnic, mum says no, let's wait for the weekend to do that.  Dad wants to make a banana cake.  Let's have a row!





No comments:

Post a Comment