This weekend has been wet,wet,wet! Mum and Dad made us go on a soggy walk around Blenheim Palace Gardens. To be truthful, I actually enjoyed it but we got incredibly sogged and dirty. The funnest part of the seven mile walk ( we've suffered more! ) was the chocolate cake from Combe Tea Rooms and jumping in muddy deep puddles. The best thing about jumping in deep muddy puddles is that you make your annoying little brother really cross as he's soooo wet. Wolfboy didn't enjoy the walk. He got bad blisters in his wellies. None of us had the right sized wellies - mine were 3's and I'm size 12 and a half, Wolfboy's were size 10 and he's size 12 and the Badger's were size 5 and she's now size 7!
On Friday night, I went to a friend's barbeque. They had an excellent camp fire. Me and all my friends played with the fire and got fire onto sticks and ran around with it pretending we had the Olympic torch! Luckily, mum had no idea. We also played a great game of Capture the Flag with the older children (the oldest ones were 13 and 14). We went on the trampoline lots and we ate loads too. It was East meets West food with sausage and dahl. It was so fun. It got dark soon and we all sat down by the campfire in the dark and some of the dads who knew the guitar played old rock tunes. Some of the older boys played along with drums. It was so late when we came back home that we were very tired and a bit grumpy the next day.
Before that, I went for a day at Forest Farm holiday camp. We painted flags and we danced and did drama. The best bit was making our music video with Absee and her little sister. It was about going to the seaside and we had the Summer Holiday tune in the background! I'm looking forward to going back next week.
On Saturday afternoon, we went over the road to our neighbours and we played with the girls who live there. Me and the biggest girl made camera videos of our Beckley news thing. We did lots of news interviews and specials. After we did that, we had a very special afternoon tea and we had biscuits, scones, strawberries and ......CREAM! I love love love cream - single, double, clotted, whipped, sour - I love them all!
On Friday night, I went to a friend's barbeque. They had an excellent camp fire. Me and all my friends played with the fire and got fire onto sticks and ran around with it pretending we had the Olympic torch! Luckily, mum had no idea. We also played a great game of Capture the Flag with the older children (the oldest ones were 13 and 14). We went on the trampoline lots and we ate loads too. It was East meets West food with sausage and dahl. It was so fun. It got dark soon and we all sat down by the campfire in the dark and some of the dads who knew the guitar played old rock tunes. Some of the older boys played along with drums. It was so late when we came back home that we were very tired and a bit grumpy the next day.
Before that, I went for a day at Forest Farm holiday camp. We painted flags and we danced and did drama. The best bit was making our music video with Absee and her little sister. It was about going to the seaside and we had the Summer Holiday tune in the background! I'm looking forward to going back next week.
On Saturday afternoon, we went over the road to our neighbours and we played with the girls who live there. Me and the biggest girl made camera videos of our Beckley news thing. We did lots of news interviews and specials. After we did that, we had a very special afternoon tea and we had biscuits, scones, strawberries and ......CREAM! I love love love cream - single, double, clotted, whipped, sour - I love them all!
No comments:
Post a Comment